Wednesday, February 3, 2010

THE SUN IS SHINING IN JOZI

I'll admit I've been more than a little cranky with getting a house sorted that was left in ruins by one's partner's ex, but 8 bins (4 of them "supersize") of garden waste have been hauled away and we are unpacked and settled in. The insurance company is sending electricians tomorrow to start the massive rewiring job (post meltdown) and our security system should be operational by Monday. The roof still leaks, the gutters are still falling down, the rats are still in the attic, the bathroom still floods when it rains, the tv and satellite tv receiver are still fried, but the sun is SHINING. It has rained daily for WEEKS-- in that special Jozi-deluge-always-accompanied-by massive-thunder-and-lightning-way. Things are just BETTER today. Let me tell you a GOOD thing about this house: there is a small but lush lemon tree right outside the kitchen doors. The lemons are small and not very pretty, but the scent when one cuts one open is heavenly-- supersaturated lemon-- not of the dishsoap variety. They gush with juiciness-- what a treat for a northern gal like me! I am tickled every time I need a lemon and can just pop outside and pick one off our tree.

1 comment:

  1. I've become a follower of your blog. Does that mean I will get a message every time you post? Good for you -- re the blog. Can't wait til you post pictures. I hope you've taken some of the 'house' and 'yard'. You must have -- a photo op moment if ever there was one. How dreadful!

    Good luck & keep your spirits up. It can ONLY be up from there!!!

    Best, Norah

    ReplyDelete